Central Teaching Eligibility Test Syllabus 2016 CTET September Exam Pattern 2016 available at the official website www.ctet.nic.in
CTET SYLLABUS 2016
Central teaching eligibility test (CTET) is the exam conducted by the Central board of secondary education for the selection of teachers or more correctly for the selection of qualified teacher for the betterment of the education system in India. It is important to qualify this exam if a person wants to teach in a government school from classes first to eighth. This exam is taken to check the teaching eligibility of a candidate to teach classes1st to 8th in any of the government school, Navodaya Vidyalaya. Nowadays even the public schools are making it mandatory for the candidates to qualify the CTET exam in order to have an excellent quality of teachers in the private schools.
About the CTET exam
Every year Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) conducts this exam twice a year. It has been divided into two categories they are CTET I and CTET II.
- CTET I exam: This exam is for those candidates who want to teach in the primary class that is from class 1st to class 5th.
- CTET II exam: This exam is for those candidates who want to teach the secondary class that is from class 6th to class 8th.
For both the exams, it is compulsory that the candidate should have a B.Ed. Degree along with the Graduation or post graduation degree from a university of good repute.
Exam Pattern For CTET 2016:
The exam pattern comprises of following parts:
- Language I
- Language II
- Child pedagogy and development
- Two elective subjects which the candidate selects
The marks distribution of the following parts given above is as follows:
- Language I: 30 marks
- Language II: 30 marks
- Child pedagogy and development: 30 marks
- Elective subject I: 30 marks
- Elective subject II: 30 marks
Syllabus for CTET 2016:
- For Language I and Language II: The candidate can select their language according to their comfort. It can be English or Hindi.
- The language paper will consist of the unseen passages, comprehension, grammar, vocabulary testing questions, etc.
- The level of toughness will be according to the classes which the candidates have selected from a paper I and paper II respectively.
If English is the first language, then Hindi will be taken as the second language or vice versa.
The other sections in the paper are available in Hindi as well as in the English language according to the ease of the candidate.
- Child pedagogy and development: The concept of development of children and their behaviour in the social and the personal environment.
- Elective subjects I and II:
- For science teachers, the subjects are Mathematics and Science. In this part the syllabus covered will be according to the classes like for paper I it will be at the primary level (math and EVS) for Paper II the syllabus covered will be till 8th standard (mathematics and science).
- For social studies, the subjects are History and Geography along with the pedagogical issues.
The exam consists of 159 question which carries one mark each. There is no negative marking. But the candidates appearing for the exam should take time into consideration so that they can complete the paper in the stipulated time frame.
Some Important Tips to Remember About the CTET 2016:
The candidate should have the required eligibility qualification to appear in the exam. Then they should select the paper according to their choice from the Paper I and Paper II. For preparing the candidate should have the knowledge of the complete syllabus and should be well versed with the concepts. Preparatory books are provided by the CBSE from their official websites which can help the candidates to get prepared for the exam in the correct way. They can be ordered online.
For further detail of CTET 2016, the syllabus, exam dates and results login to our website. All the best for all the aspiring candidates.